With everything that’s happening in our environment today — climate change, sustainability issues, and plastic waste polluting our oceans — more and more people are becoming conscious of how they live and passionate about reducing their negative impact.
BetterCleans is a professional house cleaning service in Milwaukee. Aside from delivering exceptional home cleaning services, we also empower our valued customers by making it easier for them to have a cleaner and greener home. We share several expert tips to help you recycle at home, plus a cool infographic in this blog. So, keep on reading to learn more!
What Is Recycling and How Does It Help the Environment?
Recycling is a green and sustainable practice that focuses on reusing or repurposing old products that were supposed to be thrown away and end up in landfills. Plastic is on top of the list of items that should be recycled in every home. They literally last forever with a decomposition time of up to 500 years.
When customers book our professional house cleaning services in Milwaukee, we also encourage them to recycle because of its many benefits to the environment, including:
- Conserving natural resources
- Protecting ecosystem and wildlife
- Reducing demand for unsustainable raw materials
- Minimizing carbon footprints that contribute to climate change
- Reduce microplastic waste from ending up in landfills, oceans, and drinking water
Deep cleaning is futile if you’re not going to declutter your home from unnecessary things that you no longer need and should be recycled. To get the full effect of the wonderful job our professional home cleaning can deliver, we highly recommend our customers to sort their stuff before or after our cleaning team arrives. Then, box each item according to which ones should be sent to the local recycling center, donated, kept for upcycling, and disposed of properly.
Eliminating clutter through recycling will make you appreciate the visual impact of our professional house cleaning services even more.
How to Start Recycling at Home? 7 Easy Steps to Help You
During discussions, many of our repeat customers who book our professional home cleaning services in Milwaukee, WI have expressed their intent to recycle. However, they also raised concerns about how challenging it can be to get started and follow through.
- Identify the challenges – What factors make recycling difficult for you? Is there any way our deep cleaning service or housekeeping services can help?
- Debunk the myths – For example, recycling costs more than waste disposal. This is not true. A well-managed recycling program costs only $50 to $70 per ton to compared $70 to $200 of a waste disposal program.
- Educate yourself about what you can and can’t recycle. Unfortunately, not all non-biodegradable waste can be recycled, including glass and electronics. Learn everything you need to know about what you can and cannot put in recycling bins.
- Get in touch with your local recycling center. Different cities have different recycling policies. Best to know what you can do in yours to make your clean and green advocacy more effective.
- Clean and wash items before recycling. Ensure you’ve at least rinsed food residue in bottles and other items before bringing them to the recycling center so they won’t get rejected.
- Get in the habit. They say it takes at least two weeks to form a habit. That’s only two weekends if you think about it.
At BetterCleans housekeeping services, we want to make it easier for you, so we created this recycling infographic to help you get in the habit of recycling at home with your family.
Check it out at the end of this article!
Book The Best Whole House Cleaning Milwaukee
BetterCleans is an ethical and eco-friendly house cleaning company. Our passion for a cleaner and greener home that’s kinder and safer not only for the environment but for our customers sets us apart from other house cleaning companies.
We deliver nothing but sparkly house cleaning results all the time, thanks to our impressive cleaning team composed of highly trained, insured, bonded, and thoroughly background checked professional cleaners.
BetterCleans offers standard residential cleaning services and deep cleaning or moving cleaning. In addition, we provide professional home cleaning services in the Milwaukee area, including:
Why Choose BetterCleans Cleaning Services?
Having a clean home is the perfect gift for your family, but not doing all the cleaning yourself is the best reward for you. So, let our hassle-free professional cleaning services make life easier for you.
- There’s no need to worry about anything. We bring all the cleaning supplies.
- There’s no need for free estimates, because we offer flat-rate pricing. Click our list of residential cleaning services to know more.
- We are well-staffed and can make flexible arrangements for our house cleaning service to fit your schedule.
- Make maintaining an immaculate home effortless for you by booking a cleaning service weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or whenever you please! One-time cleaning is also available.
- Need us to deep clean kitchens and bathrooms? Say no more; we got you covered.
- Enjoy your free time doing the things you love while our cleaners vacuum floors and do an excellent job cleaning every nook and cranny for you.
Whether you need a thorough cleaning of your kitchen or a deep clean of a new apartment where you’ll move in, rest assured, our professional cleaners will do an excellent job. We do a wonderful job that’ll keep you inspired to maintain a clean home and continue with recycling.
Do you want to know more about our maid services and cleaning services in Milwaukee? Don’t hesitate to contact us or better yet, book a house cleaning today!
Recycling Infographic by BetterCleans House Cleaning Services