We frequently hear customers complaining about how their vacuum cleaner no longer works as it used to after a year or two. So what could be the cause? Did you buy a poor-quality product? Did you use it too much? According to the Wirecutter, the main culprit behind a vacuum cleaner’s suboptimal performance are clogs, tangles, and old filters or bags that were never replaced, overwhelming the machine.
So, if you’ve noticed your vacuum cleaner’s suction power has become underwhelming lately, perhaps it’s a tell-tale sign that you should clean this essential cleaning tool as soon as possible. In this article, we share expert tips on properly cleaning a vacuum cleaner from our reliable house cleaners in Milwaukee.
Let’s delve right in!
Why Clean Your Vacuum?
Proper routine cleaning and maintenance of household cleaning equipment, like vacuums, is important because:
- Ensures they are working efficiently as advertised
- Extends the appliance’s lifespan
- Reduces the risk of spreading dust and other allergens into the air
- Guarantees a more thorough home cleaning routine
- It makes them more energy efficient because they’ll consume less energy
Cleaning a Vacuum — Step-by-Step Guide
What You’ll Need:
- Compressed air for blowing off buildups and deep-seated dirt
- Cleaning brush or old toothbrush for hard-to-reach areas
- Damp microfiber cloth to clean grime
- Scissors for quickly cutting tangles in the brush roll
- Mask to cover your nose and so you don’t inhale dust, especially if you have allergies
- Latex gloves or cloth dust to keep your hands clean
- Remove the canister from your vacuum cleaner.
Brush, wipe, or blast dusty parts with compressed air. If you’re cleaning with a damp microfiber cloth, give the wet parts a few minutes to completely dry before putting them back together.
- Empty the bin or replace the vacuum bag.
An overloaded vacuum cleaner will block proper air circulation, reducing suction capabilities and blowing dust right back into the air.
- Clean or replace vacuum filters.
Filter care varies depending on the brand and model. Check the box or your vacuum manufacturer’s website for recommended cleaning and maintenance. If you have a washable filter, remove all dust and debris by shaking it off or tapping it against a waste bin. Then, wash it under running tap water, scrub it with an old toothbrush, and let it air dry overnight.
- Check brush roll for tangles.
Free your vacuum cleaner’s brush roll or spinning brush from hair and fur. Cut them using scissors and yank them out.
- Clean the base and the body.
Wipe the base, body, and other exterior parts of your vacuum cleaner using a damp microfiber cloth. Then, follow it up with another round of wiping using a dry cotton rag to make sure it’s totally dry before plugging it to use.
Premium Home Cleaning Service Milwaukee
Do you know what’s one of the best advantages of booking a home cleaning service to keep your home pristine for you? No more worrying about cleaning and maintaining tools, like vacuum cleaners, or making sure you’re stocked with household cleaners. BetterCleans will take care of everything for you!
When you book our house cleaning services in Milwaukee, expect our professional cleaning team to arrive on time, be pumped to take on the job, and be fully equipped with everything they need to keep your home immaculately clean. BetterCleans cater to clients in Waukesha, Mequon, Franklin, and other cities.
Make your life easier. Book the best home cleaning service in Milwaukee today!