Is water from your shower reduced to a disappointing trickle instead of delivering testosterone cypionate uk a powerful stream like it used to?
Poor water flow or pressure typically happens to shower heads due to the accumulation of mineral deposits that clog the nozzles, particularly if you have hard water in your area. It doesn’t mean you have to replace and throw your current one in the bin, but it’s a telltale sign that your shower head needs deep cleaning.
We asked our professional home cleaners in Milwaukee for tips on how to clean a shower head like a pro. Read on to find out how to bring your shower back in tip-top shape.
How to Clean a Shower Head Using Vinegar
According to Healthline, vinegar is an eco-friendly cleaner with acetic properties that can melt away mineral deposits and other impurities lodged in the nozzles of your shower head, preventing water from flowing correctly. In addition, we do not recommend using harsh cleaning chemicals for this because they can be too abrasive and only damage bathroom fixtures.
So, here’s how to use vinegar to clean a shower head.
- Get a plastic bag and fill it with one cup of vinegar or just enough to keep the shower head nozzles submerged.
- Secure the ends of the plastic bag with a rubber band tied to the base.
- Let it soak for a couple of hours or overnight. If you have a brass shower head, do not leave it for longer than 30 minutes to prevent the finish from fading, and never use vinegar on nickel shower heads.
- Remove the plastic bag and run hot water through your shower to flush the remaining mineral buildup.
- Inspect your shower head closely to see if there are still nozzles that look blocked. Unclog them using a toothpick or paperclip. Use an old toothbrush dipped in baking soda to scrub the shower head vigorously.
- Run a hot shower to see if all nozzles have water coming out properly. Repeat these steps until you get the desired result.
- Spray water and vinegar on the neck and base of the shower to clean hard water stains. Buff and dry with a microfiber cloth.
How Often Should You Clean a Shower Head
Ideally, it would help if you cleaned your shower head at least once a month as a part of a more intensive bathroom cleaning routine to prevent mineral deposits from hardening, which is when they’re harder to remove.
Super Busy? Book the Best Home Cleaning Service in Milwaukee
With the tall stack of daily demands you have to deal with at work and taking care of the family, we understand that bothering about how to clean a shower head can be the last thing on your mind.
BetterCleans is a professional home cleaning service trusted by hundreds of customers. We are known for our qualified team of professional career cleaners committed to delivering nothing less than a spotlessly clean home. They’re all insured, bonded, and background checked for your peace of mind, too.
We cater to clients in Waukesha, Mequon, Franklin, and other surrounding cities, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our friendly representatives will be happy to help you.