You’re juggling jobs, looking after the kids, running errands after errands, making home-cooked meals, squeezing a little me-time or meet-ups with friends and family. But, seriously, who has the time to deep clean the whole house all day?
And often, thinking of cleaning as a long, arduous task that’s so time and energy consuming can be discouraging. It’s the number one reason many people put off house cleaning for so long. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Our cleaning experts recommend breaking everything up into quick and easy cleaning hacks you can do in five minutes or less. Then, after finishing one task, you’ll either find yourself motivated to do more or develop healthy everyday home cleaning habits that’ll make your space easier to manage.
Ready? Check out this list of five-minute cleaning hacks.
Five-Minute Cleaning Hacks
Bedroom and Closet
- Make your bed in the morning.
- Clear away unnecessary items on the bedside tables.
- Fold and organize clothes in one messy drawer.
- Organize pieces of jewelry that have piled up on top of your dresser.
- Replace soiled beddings with fresh, clean sheets.
Kitchen and Dining
- Put away clean dishes into the cupboard.
- Load the dishwasher with dirty dishes.
- Clear the dining table.
- Remove small kitchen appliances that aren’t in use on the counter.
- Clear under-sink cupboards.
- Declutter expired food out of the fridge.
- Mop the kitchen floors.
- Pour cleaning solution into your toilet and scrub with a brush.
- Soak shower heads in vinegar for five minutes once a week.
- Toss out outdated pills and stuff in your medicine cabinet. Make a note to replenish.
- Give the bathroom surfaces a quick wipe down to remove water splatters in the sink, faucet, countertop, mirrors, walls.
General Areas at Home
- Remove anything that does not belong in the entryway or hallway.
- Put in one load of laundry every day.
- Collect old magazines and newspapers for recycling.
- Clean one or two windows with water or glass cleaner and wipe dry with paper towels or a microfiber cloth.
- Get rid of old receipts and mail cluttering surfaces or in the catch-all.
- Clean and disinfect door handles and light switch plates.
- Do a quick tidying up of coffee tables, bedside tables, and bookshelves.
- Tackle one or two items that need to be hand-washed. Hang to dry.
- Empty all trash bins into one big garbage bag and take it out.
- Takedown curtains and load them in the washing machine.
- Collect dirty laundry scattered anywhere around the house.
- Dust visible surfaces with a microfiber cloth.
- Spot clean stains on the floor.
- Put away toys and keep them in baskets or bins for storage.
Book House Cleaning Services Regularly
Combine these clever five-minute cleaning hacks with a regular deep cleaning service to maintain a healthy and happy home. BetterCleans offers professional house cleaning in the Milwaukee area and surrounding cities in Wisconsin, including:
Why Choose BetterCleans Maid Services?
- Highly skilled cleaning team composed of professional cleaners who are all insured, bonded, and background-checked for safety and security.
- Flat-rate pricing on all types of cleaning. Check out our services page for more information.
- We provide all the cleaning supplies, our cleaning staff arrives on time and leaves your home spotlessly clean.
- Hassle-free cleaning guaranteed. If you’re not happy with our service, don’t hesitate to reach out to us, and we’ll send our cleaning staff back to make it right.
Experience the difference only the best maid services in Milwaukee can offer. Book a cleaning today!